Many of us likely found ourselves at a loss when The World Health Organization characterized the impact of Covid-19 as a global pandemic. However, our comprehension of the seriousness of this health threat was both cemented and compounded by the sweeping changes this designation meant for our careers, education, and overall wellness. In a moment where life as we know it has halted, we are forced to acknowledge our glaring economic disparities wherein staying home means heightened precarity for some and a slight reprieve for others, we hope grace abounds in our communities even as we respectfully and responsibly practice social distancing. Whether we have kids for whom homeschool has now become necessary, an office or field job that demands a different orientation, or elderly loved ones that require stern vigilance because of their susceptibility to the virus, home has become the epicenter of our siloed universe and we may or may not be prepared for all that comes with this fact. However, Creative Repute wants to offer you some ideas that center you and your passions as an effective source of revenue and comfort while we move through this hard time.
The increasing stay-at-home orders within this country and globally means many people are losing their jobs, or being sent home indefinitely without pay. This leaves a lot of people without savings to fall back on and no choice but to find alternative ways of working through this. We’d like to share these home business ideas for anyone who might be looking to adjust to the changes happening in the world. We’ve compiled a list of options with low start-up costs, minimum person-to-person contact, and a chance to help our communities through this from home.:
1. Tutoring and Tutorials during Covid-19
• From cooking at home to SAT prep, there are a plethora of skills that can be shared through video courses or chats. They can be offered for a flat rate fee, subscription, or free with the opportunity to monetize the tutorials by placing ads on your site.
• Many children and students are now home with access to computers and parents are looking to keep them engaged. We can set up online group videos or virtual games on your website so that you can teach skills like how to play chess, use software, repair or refurbish a product, or solve complex math equations. The sky’s the limit.
• Many businesses are switching to internet platforms and will need content to keep people engaged. Blogs not only bring people that are searching for specific answers online to your website, but the new content helps your website rank at the top of search results, and ads can be placed in your blog to monetize the information you’re offering the world.
• People with a background in writing can provide blogs, copy for social media posts, and much more.
3. Social Media Marketing & Management
• Most people with a large social media following are already finding ways to monetize this with paid advertisements and influencer marketing.
• With knowledge of how to gain viewers and followers, you can become an invaluable resource for businesses and professionals looking to spread their word. Having an email newsletter also helps you stay in touch with your followers.
4. Personal Computer Training & Tech Support during Covid-19
• As everyone moves to the digital world, people who previously had no access to technology, may struggle to keep up. Many students across the world have been sent home from school with computers with no adult at home who understands how to use them properly. Offering tech support, tutorials, and troubleshooting could prove to be a growing and rewarding business opportunity.
5. Gift Basket & Care Package Design
• Many people will be looking for ways to send supplies and pick-me-ups to their loved ones and communities stuck at home. Providing care packages and gift baskets, and maybe even the option to donate them to people in need, can help ensure that people have the necessary supplies to stay happy and healthy during Covid-19.
6. Virtual Personal Trainer & Exercise Instructor
• With gyms closed all over the country in an attempt to slow the spread of Covid-19, many people are looking for new ways to stay in shape. If you have a good body-resistance workout, or a history teaching yoga, virtual classrooms and one on one video training could be a great way to keep your body fit and your pockets full.
7. Virtual Personal Shopper & Bargain Hunter
• Many people are figuring out new ways of managing responsibilities at home, and many now have children at home to care for, leaving little time to search online for specialty or bargain items. Even necessities like toilet paper are proving hard to come by.
• A knack for finding deals or rarer items on the internet could help you make a business out of shopping from the comfort of your couch.
8. Virtual Assistant
• Put organizational and communication skills to work answering emails, setting meetings, making reservations and more for professionals with a lot on their plate.
• Help people expand their business from your home phone and computer.
• Keeping track of finances can be easy, yet tedious and time consuming for busy business owners.
• Home bookkeepers can utilize a variety of software from their home computers to stay organized and keep clear records.
10. Consulting & Career Coaching
• Share skills, tips, and career knowledge with individuals just starting out or struggling to find their path.
• Help people build their resumes and find the right doors to knock on.
• Even the most top of the line linguistic software cannot translate the nuances of human conversation.
• People with a firm understanding of more than one language can help bridge communications gaps by translating documents, emails, and remote conferences from home.
12. Virtual Personal Organizer
• Help people sort through clutter and get rid of unnecessary items weighing down their homes via video chat.
• As an added bonus, offering people donation suggestions for their discarded objects could help get household items and clothing to people who need them most.
• Offer creative and appealing ways to bring organized peace to people’s homes, now that many of us are spending more time there.
13. Tax Preparation
• Many people are moving into the “gig economy” or starting businesses from home and many will need assistance filing their taxes properly.
14. Contract Customer Service
• A lot of companies are moving their services to the internet, and there is an increased need for remote customer service representatives.
• People who are especially skilled in this area can expand to teams and also offer services training customer service representatives.
15. Virtual College Counseling
• College students can greatly benefit from guidance from people knowledgeable in their field or in navigating university systems on a regular basis.
• Many college students are finding their lives in transition as they attend classes from home and navigate the every-day challenges people are now facing from Covid-19. Video college counseling and career coaching will be more in-demand than ever.
16. Patient & Health Advocate
• It’s no secret that navigating our healthcare system can be frustrating, time-consuming, and downright impossible for some, especially now that hospitals are overwhelmed with Covid-19 cases. If you’re knowledgeable in healthcare and insurance policies, or are willing to take the time and do the research, you can provide a much needed service to a growing number of people in need.
17. Natural Medicine
• Until pharmaceuticals came along, people relied solely on the treatments they could procure from nature to heal them. In times when our healthcare system is overwhelmed, it is even more important to remember that we can do a lot from home to keep our immune systems boosted and heal our bodies if they do become ill.
• Those who are knowledgeable of these methods and remedies can ship natural medicines from their home apothecary, or offer classes to teach people how to make them on their own.
18. Therapy, Counseling, & Life Coaching during Covid-19
• Recently, alot of psychologists and psychiatrists have been moving their practice into the digital age with phone and video therapy. Many who rely on these services need them accessible from home now more than ever.
• If you are not a psychologist or psychiatrist, you can still offer people much needed motivation and encouragement as a life coach!
19. Research and Fact Checking
• Many Professionals in a variety of fields simply don’t have the time to do the amount of research they need and are eager to outsource this task.
• Individuals with strong critical thinking, organizational, and communication skills can help them sort through the plethora of information available to us today.
• If you can type quickly while people speak, you can help people keep detailed records and meeting notes to refer to later, or even transcribe interviews for journalists.
21. Fundraising Consultant
• One of the most enlightening things happening in the world right now is that people are pooling funds to give to those in need. Helping this process along makes a huge difference in all types of communities struggling with the shifts.
• People with Non-profit, government, or even marketing backgrounds can help connect donors to good causes such as offering people more resources during Covid-19.
22. Meals-To-Go & Food Prep during Covid-19
• Now that people are eating at home more than ever, many people are struggling to prepare food for themselves. Some simply don’t know how to cook, but many more find it difficult due to age, disabilities, or other circumstances, to buy and prepare food for themselves.
Indeed, this list is not exhaustive of the possibilities available to you, but we hope our offering has planted a seed of creativity that will spark your business acumen or simply ignite your curiosity. We urge you to take from these ideas and mold your own unique lane. However, if these sort of capitalist propelled activity building turns do not motivate you because of their reliance on some form of laborious productivity, we encourage you to rest and care for yourself in the all the ways you find fitting. We want you to be healthy and safe as we all adjust to the changes in the world from Covid-19! Here at Creative Repute, we are working safely from home and offering affordable website development for individuals looking to start or expand a business in these trying times. Please reach out to email@example.com if you’re interested. We wish our readers safety, comfort, and good health, and have faith that we can get through this (digitally) together!